The 29th World Congress of Public Services International (PSI), meeting in Durban, South Africa, on 27-30 November 2012
- The English-Speaking East and West sub-regions have continuously benefited from the support of the PSI Migration Programme.
- The PSI Migration Programme has reduced the attrition rate of health workers to an appreciable level in the sub-regions, particularly in Ghana.
FURTHER NOTING that
- Awareness of health workers about the Migration Programme and its benefits was high.
- There is a high demand from members for continuous sensitization on the migration of healthcare providers in the sub-region.
- The Migration Programme in Ghana and Kenya should be continued and expanded in Africa, because the sub-region has continuously benefited from the support of the Migration Programme.
- PSI should ensure its mandate on the Migration Programme e.g. to be spearheaded by affiliates from the health unions in the sub-region.
See all Congress resolutions including the Program of Action and the Constitution.