Mexico: Days of action for trade union rights
The week of February 18 marks the anniversary of the terrible Pasta de Conchos mine disaster in 2006 that killed 65 miners. Democratic trade unions and the workers they represent in Mexico continue to struggle for their rights.
Global Union Federations have signed a joint letter of protest addressed to the newly-elected Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, urging him to agree to reform Mexico’s deeply flawed labour laws.
We request PSI affiliates to send protest letters to the Mexican government (President: firstname.lastname@example.org Labour Ministry: email@example.com) and to the Embassy of Mexico in your country. Please find a model letter attached.
We also call upon affiliates to join demonstrations in front of Mexican Embassies on 22nd February to protest against systematic attacks on trade union rights in Mexico. PSI and other Geneva-based Global Union Federations will be demonstrating in front of the Mexican Embassy in Geneva on 19th February.
Please inform us of the actions your union carries out during this week of mobilisation in solidarity with our Mexican sisters and brothers, and send a copy of your union’s protest letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your solidarity.
- Sign the Quality Public Services Charter
- PSI stands with Detroit and public workers
- Korean union official on hunger strike needs your support
- Swaziland - Stop the crackdown on public workers
- Send your protest against arrests in Turkey
- No to Austerity
- Support Algerian hunger strikers
- A Robin Hood Tax for a sustainable world
- A gold medal for solidarity
- Public Services International and the Rio+20 Summit
- Russia and the World Trade Organization
- Chad: Unionists sentenced to prison - send your letter of protest
- Protest against the dismissals and repression of workers in Paraguay
- Take action to support arrested Turkish unionists
- 28 April International Workers' Memorial Day
- Act now to unban the trade union movement in Swaziland
- End violence against women now! International Women's Day 8 March 2013
- International Workers' Day - 1 May 2013
- Letter to Tessaloniki water bidders
- Mexico: Days of action for trade union rights
- More arrests of Turkish trade unionists - take action now!
- PSI continues to support its affiliates in PERU!
- Russia: A power engineer must not be poor
- Solidarity with Korean education support workers
- Turkey: Support the International days of action
- Week of action for Guatemala
- Algeria: Reinstate Rachid Malaoui and end trade union rights violations now!
- Turkey: Stop the judicial harassment of trade unionists
- Take Action: Please send donations for the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
- Support for innovative non-profit partnerships in the water sector in ACP countries
- Call for a Robin Hood Tax Now
- Defending trade union rights in South Korea
- End Violence against women Now!
- Korea: Support railway workers' right to strike
- PSI denounces Trade in Services agreement
- Stick with it! We want a Financial Transaction Tax now!
- Support Korean workers – hold protests at Korean embassies on 9 and 16 January
- Take Action: Support PSI affiliates in Guatemala
- Take Action: UN derecognizes staff unions, refuses to negotiate
- Urge the Turkish President to let doctors treat their patients
- Peru water privatisation
- Tell Ecuador’s President: Stop the persecution of trade union leader Dr. Carlos Figueroa