A gold medal for solidarity
Bobby Morton, Acting National Passenger Officer for Unite, wrote: “On behalf of Unite the Union I wish to offer my heartfelt thanks to all of you who sent messages of support through LabourStart to the London bus workers who achieved a great victory in the Olympic solidarity campaign. I am convinced that if there was a gold medal for solidarity you would all be recipients. Thanks also to the International Transport Workers’ Federation, ITF, for their unstinting support and efforts during this campaign.” You can read the ITF's own statement here.
Unfortunately, not all workers are covered by this very important victory.
The cleaners who work for London Transport, and who are represented by the RMT union, have not received any bonus.
Their campaign needs a big push from all of us -- please sign up and spread the word: http://www.labourstart.org/rmtcleaners
- Sign the Quality Public Services Charter
- Korean union official on hunger strike needs your support
- Swaziland - Stop the crackdown on public workers
- Send your protest against arrests in Turkey
- No to Austerity
- Support Algerian hunger strikers
- A Robin Hood Tax for a sustainable world
- A gold medal for solidarity
- Public Services International and the Rio+20 Summit
- Russia and the World Trade Organization
- Chad: Unionists sentenced to prison - send your letter of protest
- Protest against the dismissals and repression of workers in Paraguay
- Take action to support arrested Turkish unionists
- 28 April International Workers' Memorial Day
- End violence against women now! International Women's Day 8 March 2013
- International Workers' Day - 1 May 2013
- Justice in Guatemala
- Mexico: Days of action for trade union rights
- More arrests of Turkish trade unionists - take action now!
- Russia: A power engineer must not be poor
- Week of action for Guatemala