Send your protest against arrests in Turkey
"As far we know, there is no legal basis for their arrest. This is clearly a new attack against the trade union movement and the freedom of association", writes PSI General Secretary Peter Waldorff in a protest letter to the Turkish Prime Minsiter.
It is only one week since PSI wrote to the Turkish Prime Minister to protest in the strongest term against the continued harassment and intimidation of their sister trade unionists in Turkey.
"We seem to be obliged to write to you again this week in order to strongly protest against the police raids and imprisonments, which occurred this morning in Turkey."
"PSI calls on the Turkish Government to live up to its obligations, as a member of the international community, and to guarantee the respect of trade union rights and all human rights in Turkey."
Read the full protest letter to the Turkish Prime Minister here (pdf).
You can join the global union federations in condemning these anti-union harassment tactics by sending this message to Prime Minister Erdogan, urging him to ensure the immediate and unconditional release of all detained trade unionists.
- Sign the Quality Public Services Charter
- PSI stands with Detroit and public workers
- Korean union official on hunger strike needs your support
- Swaziland - Stop the crackdown on public workers
- Send your protest against arrests in Turkey
- No to Austerity
- Support Algerian hunger strikers
- A Robin Hood Tax for a sustainable world
- A gold medal for solidarity
- Public Services International and the Rio+20 Summit
- Russia and the World Trade Organization
- Chad: Unionists sentenced to prison - send your letter of protest
- Protest against the dismissals and repression of workers in Paraguay
- Take action to support arrested Turkish unionists
- 28 April International Workers' Memorial Day
- Act now to unban the trade union movement in Swaziland
- End violence against women now! International Women's Day 8 March 2013
- International Workers' Day - 1 May 2013
- Letter to Tessaloniki water bidders
- Mexico: Days of action for trade union rights
- More arrests of Turkish trade unionists - take action now!
- PSI continues to support its affiliates in PERU!
- Russia: A power engineer must not be poor
- Solidarity with Korean education support workers
- Turkey: Support the International days of action
- Week of action for Guatemala
- Algeria: Reinstate Rachid Malaoui and end trade union rights violations now!
- Call for a Robin Hood Tax Now
- Defending trade union rights in South Korea
- End Violence against women Now!
- PSI denounces Trade in Services agreement
- Stick with it! We want a Financial Transaction Tax now!
- Support for innovative non-profit partnerships in the water sector in ACP countries
- Take Action: Donate to PSI Philippines affiliates’ solidarity centres
- Take Action: Support PSI affiliates in Guatemala
- Take Action: UN derecognizes staff unions, refuses to negotiate