We are building a better web presence. Visit our beta website to take part in a better experience which will replace the current site by the end of the year.
PSI is actively engaged in these processes and are working in alliance with other global unions and civil society organisations in lobbying for a human rights-based, gender-responsive, child-focused and inclusive Global Compacts, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
PSI submits its written contribution to the UNHCR towards the Zero Draft of the Global Compact for Refugees. The statement highlights the following:
1. A holistic and integrated approach grounded on human rights and humanitarian principles
2. Emphasis on responsibility-sharing
3. Investment in quality public services to meet needs and support communities
4. Opposing the outsourcing and privatisation of refugee services
5. Access to health
6. Access to education
7. Access to decent work
8. Investment in public infrastructure and utilities in receiving communities
9. Importance of multi-stakeholder approach
10. Encouraging complementarity between the two Global Compacts
The full PSI statement and the Zero draft of the UN Global Compact on Refugees are available via the attachments below or via this link at the UNHCR Website:
UNHCR Global Consultations Road Map, http://www.unhcr.org/formal-consultations-on-the-global-compact-on-refugees.html