PSI’s Global Trade in Services Forum, From GATS to TISA
, held in partnership with the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) and the Our World Is Not For Sale (OWINFS) network, held on 17 October 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland, is the first ever global conference to provide a critical perspective on the TISA.
Bringing together leading global experts, trade unions from the public and private sector, civil society and government representatives from around the world to share information about the TISA and discuss the threats posed to public services, democracy and workers.
Presentations are available for download in PDF format in English only.
Videos of the speeches given by the keynote speakers are available in English and Spanish.
Also see the interviews with keynote speakers.
- Herta Däubler-Gmelin, Professor of law, former Member of Parliament and Minister of Justice, Germany
The TISA negotiations and the democratic rule of law (video interview)
- Deborah James, Director of International Programs, Centre for Economic and Policy Research
The history and geopolitics of trade in services
- Jane Kelsey, Professor of law, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Current services liberalisation and content of the TISA (video interview)
- Sanya Reid Smith, Legal Advisor, Third World Network
Privatisation, procurement and state-owned enterprises
- Ellen Gould, Research Associate, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, Canada
Domestic regulation (video interview)
- Stefan Giger, General Secretary, SSP-VPÖD, Switzerland
The impact on public services
- Tony Salvador, lawyer, IDEALS, Philippines
Mode 4 and the labor rights of migrant workers also see his interview
- Andreas Botsch, Special Adviser to the President, DGB, Germany
From GATS to TISA - Some Facts on the Economic Context
- Melinda St. Louis, International Campaigns Director, Public Citizen, USA
Dangers of Further Liberalization of Financial Services in TISA
- Celeste Drake, Trade & Globalization Policy Specialist, AFL-CIO, USA
Transportation services & TISA also see her interview
- Natalie Van Gijsel, Campaign and Policy Officer at Third World Health Aid, Belgium
From GATS to TISA: Impact on the health sector
- Antoni Verger, Professor of Sociology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
GATS, TISA and "Education Services"