28 May, 2014 to 12 June, 2014
The Conference will be held in Geneva (Switzerland), at the Palais des Nations and ILO headquarters. Please note that Tuesday 27th May will be devoted to preparatory meetings requiring the attendance of the tripartite members of national delegations to the Conference.
The Conference Guide includes detailed information on the programme for this session together with other relevant items.
Reports for examination in plenary and in technical committees will be sent to you at least two months before the session, to allow for their distribution and to prepare adequately for the work of the Conference.
The reports will also be accessible electronically, as will be the Guide, by visiting the ILO website (www.ilo.org/ilc).
For 2014, the Conference agenda includes:
- Reports of the Chairperson of the Governing Body and of the Director-General;
- Programme and budget and other financial questions;
- Information and reports on the application of Conventions and Recommendations;
- Supplementing the Forced Labour Convention, 1930 (No. 29) to address implementation gaps to advance prevention, protection and compensation measures, to effectively achieve the elimination of forced labour;
- Facilitating transition from the informal to the formal economy;
- A recurrent discussion on the strategic objective of employment.
PSI side meetings during ILC:
- one closed orientation meeting for PSI delegates on 28 May;
- a public event, “The Route of Shame”, on 4th June 2014, calling for the respect of trade union rights in Geneva and other cities around the world.